NEW ABC AM RUNDOWN

NEW ABC AM RUNDOWN

Click here for a text-only version of this page
DIRECTORS PAGE 530AM~STORMWARN FORECAST OPEN-CLIP
5AM HOUR-CLIPTOPS 530AM~STORMWARN FORECAST-WX CTR TO WX WALL
6AM HOUR-CLIPTOPS GOOD MORNING-CLIP 2SHOT PUSH
HL1) VENICE PLANE CRASH-VO-WIPE CLAWSON TALKS ABOUT GAFFE-SOTVOWIPE
HL2) MCGREGOR SINKHOLE-VO-WIPE CLAWSON TALKS ABOUT GAFFE-SOTVO
HL3) SEVERE FLORIDA STORMS-VO-WIPE VOTE 2014-CLIP
530AM~STORMWARN FORECAST OPEN-CLIP VOTER REGISTRATION-BNC BNR
530AM~STORMWARN FORECAST-WX CTR TO WX WALL LEE COUNTY POLITICS-OTS-VO
GOOD MORNING-CLIP SOTSS-2SHOT PUSH LEE COUNTY POLITICS-SOTVO
VENICE PLANE CRASH-VOTOPS-SS PUBLIC INPUT LEE CO-VO
VENICE PLANE CRASH-SOTVO-SS (2) BIT COIN BANKING-VOWIPE
DROWNING VICTIM ID-SSVO BIT COIN BANKING-SOTVO
MCGREGOR SINKHOLE-BNC VO GABRIEL HOUSE BENEFIT-VO
MCGREGOR SINKHOLE-SOTVO HARBORSIDE BACKPACKS-VO
LEHIGH CAR PORT FIRE-TRX-VOTOPS HARBORSIDE BACKPACKS-SOTVO
INTERVIEW WITH CHELSEA-TC MON-DISSOLVE VO TAX FREE SCHOOL SHOPPING-VIDBOX
INTERVIEW WITH CHELSEA-(2)SOTVO-WIPE FACEBOOK CAT-TRX-VOTOPS
JETSKI CRASH-VO DIRTY BEACH WATER-VO IN POP
LUXXOR ROBBERY UPDATE-VO-SS(2) DIRTY BEACH WATER-SOTVO BNR
LEHIGH STABBING-VO FL MEDICAL MARIJUANA-E-ANI-FLY
LEHIGH PEDESTRIAN FATAL-TRX-VOTOPS 530AM COVERAGE PROMISE TO BREAK-2SH-VO
BIANCA MILIA FIRST APPEARANCE-VO,SS 630AM COVERAGE PROMISE TO BREAK-2SH-VO
C SECTION PROTEST-VO STORMWARN GENFORECAST OPEN-CLIPTOPS
TRACEY PERKINS MEETING-VO STORMWARN FORECAST-WX WALL
LEE TRAN FEE INCREASE-VIDBOX (2) TRAFFIC SPONSORSHIP BILLBOARD-CLIPTOPS
5AM COVERAGE PROMISE TO BREAK-2SH-VO PRECISION TRAFFIC-NAVI OR FDOT
6AM COVERAGE PROMISE TO BREAK-2SH-VO CAPE CORAL CLEANING-TRX-VOTOPS
STORMWARN GENFORECAST OPEN-CLIPTOPS UPCOMING: TIGER DAY-CGVIDBOX
STORMWARN FORECAST-WX WALL TOSS TO SAM-CLIP 2SHOT PUSH SS(2) VO-ZM MAP
TRAFFIC SPONSORSHIP BILLBOARD-CLIPTOPS SARASOTA PLANE CRASH-LIVE
PRECISION TRAFFIC-NAVI OR FDOT SARASOTA PLANE CRASH-VOWIPE
NERITA ST. BEACH ACCESS-TRX-SSTOPS SARASOTA PLANE CRASH-SOTVO
WXRATE ALLYSON OPEN-CLIPTOPS SARASOTA PLANE CRASH-LIVE
STORMWARN FORECAST-WX CTR TO WX WALL WXRATE ALLYSON OPEN-CLIPTOPS
EBOLA VIRUS-TC MON DISSOLVE VO STORMWARN FORECAST-WX ID TO WX CTR
EBOLA VIRUS-SOTVO WATCHING TV AFTER WORK-OTS
CA LIGHTNING STRIKES-VO THE APPLE SMARTWATCH-VO
GAZA CEASEFIRE-VO THE SARAH PALIN CHANNEL-OTS
WWI 100 YEARS-POP DISSOLVE VO SEA TURTLES HATCH-VO
COSTA CONCODIA FINAL JOURNEY-VO MOSQUITO APP-TRX-VOTOPS
CALIFORNIA WILDIRES-E-ANI FLY MOSQUITO APP-SOTVO
SEVERE FLORIDA STORMS-TRX-VOTOPS CEREAL MILK-SS
FL GAY MARRIAGE-VOWIPE 530AM COVERAGE PROMISE TO BREAK-2SH-VO
FL GAY MARRIAGE-SOTVO 630AM COVERAGE PROMISE TO BREAK-2SH-VO
CAPE DOMESTIC PARTNER PUSH-VO TECH BYTES AT 530AM-PKG
5AM COVERAGE PROMISE TO BREAK-2SH-VO STORMWARN GENERIC FORECAST OPEN-CLIPTOPS
6AM COVERAGE PROMISE TO BREAK-2SH-VO STORMWARN FORECAST-WX WALL
SPORTS WRAP AT 5AM-PKG STORMWARN AND TRAFFIC TRANSITION-CLIPTOPS
AMERICAS MONEY AT 6AM-PKG TRAFFIC SPONSOR BILLBOARD-CLIPTOPS
STORMWARN GENERIC FORECAST OPEN-CLIPTOPS PRECISION TRAFFIC-NAVI OR FDOT
STORMWARN FORECAST-WX WALL WONDER WOMAN REVEALED-VO
STORMWARN AND TRAFFIC TRANSITION-CLIPTOPS BUMP TO BREAK-3SHOT, CAM 10 BMP
PRECISION TRAFFIC-NAVI OR FDOT TOP STORIES OPEN-CLIP
TRAFFIC SPONSOR BILLBOARD-CLIPTOPS TS 1) VENICE PLANE CRASH-SSTOPS-VO-WIPE
LOS ANGELES TRAFFIC ISSUES-VO TS 2) MCGREGOR SINKHOLE-VOTOPS-WIPE
BUMP TO BREAK-3SHOT, CAM 10 BMP TS 3) TRACEY PERKINS MEETING-VOTOPS-WIPE
5AM HOUR-CLIPTOPS TS 4) CAPE DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP-VOTOPS-WIPE
6AM HOUR-CLIPTOPS TS 5) LEE TRAN FEE INCREASE-VOTOPS-WIPE
HL1) PLANE ACCIDENT-VO-WIPE TS 6) LEE COUNTY SCHOOL SUPPLIES-VOTOPS-WIPE
HL2) CLAWSON REMARKS-VO-WIPE GOODBYE WEBSITE TEASE-3SH-WEB ANI
HL3) MOSQUITO APP-VO-WIPE END TIME


DIRECTORS PAGE


Return to index of stories...

5AM HOUR-CLIPTOPS


Return to index of stories...

6AM HOUR-CLIPTOPS


Return to index of stories...

HL1) VENICE PLANE CRASH-VO-WIPE


ANOTHER DEVASTATING PLANE CRASH IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA-

LEAVES A FATHER DEAD-

AND HIS DAUGHTER FIGHTING FOR HER LIFE THIS MORNING.

WHY THE TWO WERE AT THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME. Return to index of stories...


HL2) MCGREGOR SINKHOLE-VO-WIPE


A SINHOLE S OPENING UP ON A BUSY SOUTHWEST FLORIDA ROAD-

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE HEADING OUT THE DOOR THIS MORNING,. Return to index of stories...


HL3) SEVERE FLORIDA STORMS-VO-WIPE


A POSSIBLE TORNADO TAKES HOLD ON ONE FLORIDA COMMUNITY-

LEAVING BEHIND DISASTER AND DESTRUCTION.

THE LATEST ON THE CLEAN-UP EFFORTS.

AND WHAT YOU DCAN EXPECT FOR YOUR MONDAY FORECAST.

YOUR MORNING NEWS STARTS RIGHT NOW. Return to index of stories...


530AM~STORMWARN FORECAST OPEN-CLIP


Return to index of stories...

530AM~STORMWARN FORECAST-WX CTR TO WX WALL


LIMITED RAIN CHANCES TODAY

Monday will again be dominated by an onshore wind flow. That means we have the chance for a few showers to move in from the Gulf of Mexico early this morning through the midday time frame. Coverage of rain should remain isolated and located mainly in areas west of Interstate 75, but you will want to note that in your plans, especially if headed to the beaches.

By the afternoon, the impacts of some relatively drier air in the mid-levels of the atmosphere will help to keep much of the region rather dry compared to what is considered normal for a late July day. Any stray rain or thunder that would be able to develop on Monday would most likely be in communities well to the east of the I-75 corridor. The vast majority of us will see mostly sunny skies this afternoon.

Temperatures on Today will range from the upper 80s along the coastal cities like Naples, to the low and mid 90s in Fort Myers and Punta Gorda.

Communities like Lehigh Acres, Immokalee and Golden Gate will have a better opportunity for seeing temperatures top 94 on Monday afternoon.

Tuesday's weather could again be met with a morning shower or two along the coastline, but once again a good chunk of the afternoon should remain rather dry.

Showers and a few thunderstorms return to the forecast by Wednesday with a highs in the lower 90s in the afternoon.

TROPICAL UPDATE

A tropical wave noted on satellite 550 miles southwest of the Cape Verde Islands will be monitored for possible development this week. As of now, the National Hurricane Center is giving this disturbance a 30% chance of development in the next two days. However, the feature is moving into an area of the Atlantic Ocean that is a bit more favorable for storms. Over the next 5 days, there is a 70% chance for this system to develop. We will continue to monitor the situation and bring you updates throughout the week.

Other than the previously mentioned tropical wave, there are no tropical cyclones active in the Gulf of Mexico or Caribbean Sea and none are expected to develop within the next two days. Return to index of stories...


GOOD MORNING-CLIP SOTSS-2SHOT PUSH


Zack Arceneaux / Witness

"Never in my life have I even thought something like that would happen."

A FATHER IS DEAD -- HIS YOUNG DAUGHTER FIGHTING FOR HER LIFE THIS MORNING.

THIS IS A BRAND NEW PICTURE OF 36-YEAR-OLD **OMMY IRIZARRY.

HE WAS HIT BY A SMALL PLANE MAKING AN EMERGENCY LANDING AT A SARASOTA COUNTY BEACH ON SUNDAY.

HIS 9-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER WAS ALSO HIT BY THE PLANE.

--SHE IS NOW IN CRITICAL CONDITION AT THE HOSPITAL.

THANKS FOR JOINING US THIS MORNING-

I'M ROB EVANS.

AND I'M AMY SEDLACEK. Return to index of stories...


VENICE PLANE CRASH-VOTOPS-SS


NEW THIS MORNING WE ARE LEARNING THE NAMES OF THE VICTIMS AND the PILOT.

HERE'S THE PIPER PA-28 SHORTLY AFTER THE LANDING.

INVESTIGATORS SAY THE PILOT -- 57-YEAR-OLD PAUL KOKOMOOR OF ENGLEWOOD -- SENT OUT A DISTRESS SIGNAL AFTER THE SINGLE-ENGINE PLANE LOST POWER.

UNABLE TO MAKE IT TO A NEARBY AIRPORT IN VENICE, KOKOMOOR DECIDED TO LAND THE PLANE ON CASPERSEN BEACH, NOT FAR FROM THE EDGE OF THE WATER.

THAT'S WHEN HE STRUCK IRIZARRY AND HIS 9-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER -- OCEANA IRIZARRY.

THEY WERE VISITING THE AREA FROM GEORGIA.

THIS IS A PICTURE OF IRIZARRY WITH HIS CHILDREN.

ABC-7 BELIEVES OCEANA IS THE GIRL IN THE MIDDLE. Return to index of stories...


VENICE PLANE CRASH-SOTVO-SS (2)


ZACK ARCENEAUX -- WITNESS

18:50:08 "When I looked a little farther, a couple feet down the beach, there was medics helping out what seemed to be the father, and he had blood on his face and they seemed to be doing CPR." 18:50:16

KOKOMOOR AND HIS PASSENGER -- 60-YEAR-OLD DAVID THEEN, ALSO FROM ENGLEWOOD -- WERE NOT INJURED IN THE LANDING.

CREWS FROM THE *NT-SB ARE EXPECTED TO BE OUT AT THE SCENE TODAY TO INVESTIGATE THE CRASH.

ABC-7 IS LEARNING THAT IRIZARRY DIED ON HIS WEDDING ANNIVERSARY.

THE COUPLE WAS MARRIED FOR NINE YEARS.

THIS IS A FACEBOOK POST ABC-7 FOUND-

HERE YOU SEE IRIZARRY WISHING HIS WIFE A HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.

A VERY HEARTBREAKING STORY THAT ABC-7 WILL CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THROUGH-OUT THE MORNING ON-AIR AND ONLINE. Return to index of stories...


DROWNING VICTIM ID-SSVO


THE MOTHER OF A NAPLES TEEN WHOSE BODY WAS FOUND IN A POND THIS WEEKEND IS DEMANDING ANSWERS THIS MORNING.

OUR NEWS GATHERING PARTNERS AT THE NAPLES DAILY NEWS GOT THIS PICTURE OF 16 YEAR OLD CHRISTIAN CASTALDO.

THEY TALKED TO HIS MOTHER WHO SAYS SHE BELIEVES THIS IS NOT AN ACCIDENT AND WANTS A FULL INVESTIGATION.

CHRISTIAN'S BODY WAS FOUND IN THE GATED ISLAND WALK COMMUNITY AROUND 7:30 SATURDAY MORNING

INVESTIGATORS STILL AREN'T SAYING IF THE DROWNING WAS AN ACCIDENT OR SUSPICIOUS. Return to index of stories...


MCGREGOR SINKHOLE-BNC VO


AN ALERT FOR DRIVERS HEADING OUT THE DOOR THIS MORNING-

ABC-7 IS LEANING ABOUT A SINKHOLE ALONG MCGREGOR BOULEVARD.

THE HOLE, NEAR THE FORT MYERS COUNTRY CLUB, STARTED OUT ABOUT THE SIZE OF CAR TIRE.

BUT AT LAST CHECK, IT'S ABOUT SIX FEET DEEP AND FOUR FEET WIDE.

PUBLIC WORKS CREWS HAVE BLOCKED OFF THE NORTHBOUND LANE.

NEIGHBORS ARE WORRIED IT'S GOING TO KEEP GROWING. Return to index of stories...


MCGREGOR SINKHOLE-SOTVO


SOT

23:06:07-23:06:14

GLENDA HUSZ/ NEIGHBOR

"If you go over there and look in it, you can see middle earth. It's

kind of scary. And you don't see it coming when you're driving, that's

even more frightening."

NO WORD ON WHEN THE HOLE WILL BE FIXED.

WORKERS MADE DRAINAGE REPAIRS IN THAT EXACT SPOT SEVERAL WEEKS BACK. Return to index of stories...


LEHIGH CAR PORT FIRE-TRX-VOTOPS


NEW THIS MORNING-

ABC-7 IS LEARNING ABOUT A SUSPICIOUS FIRE IN LEHIGH ACRES.

THIS IS HAPPENING AT ANDROS STREET, NEAR CORAL AVENUE.

THIS IS A VACANT HOUSE.

THE FIRE APPEARS TO HAVE STARTED IN THE CARPORT.

RIGHT NOW THE FIRE MARSHAL IS ON SCENE--

COUNT ON ABC-7 TO BRING YOU ANY NEW DETAILS. Return to index of stories...


INTERVIEW WITH CHELSEA-TC MON-DISSOLVE VO


IT'S ALMOST BEEN A WEEK SINCE A DEADLY LIGHTNING STRIKE ON FORT MYERS BEACH--

AND THIS MORNING-

14-YEAR-OLD ZACH LATAEWIC REMAINS IN A COMA AT THE HOSPITAL.

CHELSEA GILL SAYS SHE WAS HIT BY THE LIGHTNING IN HER TORSO ON THE BEACH TUESDAY.

HER LEGS WOBBLED -- AND THEN SHE REALIZED HER HIGHSCHOOL SWEETHEART HAD GOTTEN HIT TOO.

FAMILY FRIEND SCOTT WILCOX DIED THAT DAY.

THIS MORNING-- DOCTORS THINK LATAWEIC MIGHT HAVE BRAIN DAMAGE. Return to index of stories...


INTERVIEW WITH CHELSEA-(2)SOTVO-WIPE


#Danita Lovins

#Zac's Mother

1:27:52:00 "to just not know the unknown, if he's gonna walk out of that room, if he's gonna be totally normal, if he's no not gonna be normal, it's just -- it's hard."

#Chelsea Gill

#Zac's Girlfriend

1:30:42:00 "i'm kinda debating whether he'll remember me or not. I'm gonna sit next to him til he wakes up and when he wakes up, I'm gonna say I love you and I never left your side."

CHELSEA DOES HAVE SOME CUTS -- BUT IS OUT OF THE HOSPITAL.

DOCTORS HAVE DROPPED ZAC'S TEMPERATURE DOWN TO SAVE HIS BRAIN. Return to index of stories...


JETSKI CRASH-VO


SOME SCARY MOMENTS FOR JET SKI RIDERS OFF THE COAST OF SANIBEL ON SUNDAY.

PINE ISLAND FIRE WAS FIRST TO REPSOND WHEN TWO JET SKIS CRASHED NEAR THE CAUSEWAY.

ONE OF THEM FLIPPED OVER.

NO ONE WAS SERIOUSLY HURT. Return to index of stories...


LUXXOR ROBBERY UPDATE-VO-SS(2)


DEPUTIES ARE STILL SEARCHING THIS MORNING--

FOR TWO MEN WHO ROBBED A LEHIGH ACRES. CASINO GAMES SHOP. AT GUNPOINT.

IT HAPPENED AROUND TEN.

SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE LUXXOR GAMES SHOP ON LEE BOULEVARD.

TWO MEN WENT IN WITH GUNS, ONE OF THEM SHOT UP THE PLACE, DEMANDED CASH AND TOOK OFF.

TAKE A LOOK AT THESE SURVEILLANCE PHOTOS.

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON WHO THESE MEN ARE. YOU'RE ASKED TO CALL CRIMESTOPPERS. Return to index of stories...


LEHIGH STABBING-VO


ABC-7 IS DIGGING FOR MORE INFORMATION THIS MORNING-

ABOUT A POSSIBLE STABBING IN LEHIGH ACRES.

IT HAPPENED AT THIS HOME ON 29TH STREET SOUTHWEST.

NEIGHBORS SAY DEPUTIES TOLD THEM SOMEONE HAD BEEN HURT THERE, AND THEY WERE LOOKING FOR A KNIFE.

NEIGHBORS TELL US THEY BELIEVE TWO MEN HAVE LIVED IN THE HOME FOR ABOUT TWO MONTHS.

THEY SAY DEPUTIES TOLD THEM IT WAS A DOMESTIC INCIDENT. Return to index of stories...


LEHIGH PEDESTRIAN FATAL-TRX-VOTOPS


ALSO HAPPENING IN LEHIGH-

WE ARE LEARNING THE NAME OF A DRIVER WHO DIED IN A WEEKED CRASH JUST OUTSIDE OF WALMART.

THE DRIVER OF THE VEHICLE-- 26-YEAR-OLD KYLE KASHNER-- DIED WHEN HE HIT A TREE.

INVESTIGATORS SAY SPEED AND WEATHER WERE FACTORS. Return to index of stories...


BIANCA MILIA FIRST APPEARANCE-VO,SS


WE'RE LEARNING ABOUT A LEE COUNTY WOMAN FACING ROBBERY CHARGES-

BUT IT'S HER FACEBOOK PAGE THAT HAS PEOPLE TALKING THIS MORNING.

BIANCA MILIA IS CHARGED WITH ROBBERY AND BURGLARY WITH ASSAULT.

DEPUTIES HAVE NOT RELEASED THE DETAILS ON THOSE CHARGES-- BUT CHECK OUT THIS PICTURE WE FOUND ONLINE.

IT SHOWS MILIA BLOWING SMOKE FROM A BLUNT INTO A DOG'S FACE.

PEOPLE ARE OUTRAGED OVER THE PHOTO-- CLAIMING IT'S ANIMAL CRUELTY. Return to index of stories...


C SECTION PROTEST-VO


DOZENS OF MOMS PICKETTED A PORT CHARLOTTE HOSPITAL THIS WEEKEND.

THEY SAY -- BAYFRONT HEALTH FORCED JENNIFER GOODALL TO HAVE A *C-SECTION -- WHEN SHE WANTED TO HAVE A NATURAL BIRTH.

THE NATIONAL ADVOCATES FOR PREGNANT WOMEN DOES ADMIT THERE CAN BE COMPLICATIONS WITH A NATURAL BIRTH IF THE WOMAN HAS HAD A C-SECTION IN THE PAST.

GOODALL GAVE BIRTH ON FRIDAY BY C- SECTION.

SHE AND HER LITTLE BOY ARE DOING JUST FINE.​ Return to index of stories...


TRACEY PERKINS MEETING-VO


LOOKING AHEAD TODAY-

A LEE COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER IS DEMANDING AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE RESIGNATION OF A LOCAL PRINCIPAL.

CYPRESS LAKE HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL TRACY PERKINS SUDDENLY STEPPED DOWN THIS MONTH.

HER RESIGNATION LETTER LEFT MANY PEOPLE WITH A LOT OF QUESTIONS.

BOARD MEMBER MARY FISCHER IS SET TO MEET WITH THE SUPERINTENDENT TODAY. Return to index of stories...


LEE TRAN FEE INCREASE-VIDBOX (2)


ALSO LOOKING AHEAD-

LEE TRAN IS HOLDING MORE MEETINGS ABOUT PROPOSED FARE HIKES.

A NEW PROPOSAL WOULD INCREASE BUS FARE PRICES 25 CENTS-- MAKING THE PRICE A DOLLAR FIFTY PER RIDE.

A PUBLIC MEETING IS SCHEDULED TUESDAY AT 5:30 AT THE ADMINISTRATION BUILDING IN FORT MYERS.

AND ANOTHER ON WEDNESDAY AT THE CAPE CORALLIBRARY AT 5:30.

A PUBLIC HEARING AND VOTE IS SCHEDULED FOR NEXT MONTH.

Tuesday, July 29 at 5:30 p.m.

Lee County Administration Building

2115 Second St., Fort Myers

Wednesday, July 30 at 5:30 p.m.

Cape Coral-Lee County Library

921 SW 39th Terrace, Cape Coral Return to index of stories...


5AM COVERAGE PROMISE TO BREAK-2SH-VO


HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SLEPT WITH YOUR CELL PHONE BY YOUR HEAD?

MAYBE UNDER YOUR PILLOW?

DON'T DO IT.

ARIEL TOLFREE, WHO'S 13. FELL ASLEEP WITH HER SAMSUNG GALAXY

PLUGGED IN AND CHARGING AND UNDER HER PILLOW

SHE WOKE UP TO FIND IT SMOLDERING

IT COMPLETELY MELTED.CHARRED HER PILLOW AND SHEETS

DAD THINKS BATTERY OVERHEATED

SAMSUNG SAYS IT WAS A THIRD PARTY BATTERY AND CHARGER AND IT WARNS AGAINST THAT.

TODAY THEY'RE OFFERING TO REPLACE THE PHONE, PILLOW AND MATTRESS Return to index of stories...


6AM COVERAGE PROMISE TO BREAK-2SH-VO


PARENTS ARE WARNING.

CHECK WHERE YOUR TEEN STASHES THEIR PHONE WHEN THEY GO TO BED

AFTER ONE CATCHES FIRE UNDER A 13 YEAR OLD'S PILLOW.

ARIEL TOLFREE FELL ASLEEP WITH HER SAMSUNG GALAXY PLUGGED IN AND CHARGING

SHE WOKE UP TO FIND IT SMOLDERING

IT CHARRED HER PILLOW AND SHEETS

DAD THINKS BATTERY OVERHEATED

SAMSUNG SAYS IT WAS A THIRD PARTY BATTERY AND CHARGER AND IT WARNS AGAINST THAT.

TODAY THEY'RE OFFERING TO REPLACE THE PHONE, PILLOW AND MATTRESS Return to index of stories...


STORMWARN GENFORECAST OPEN-CLIPTOPS


Return to index of stories...

STORMWARN FORECAST-WX WALL


LIMITED RAIN CHANCES TODAY

Monday will again be dominated by an onshore wind flow. That means we have the chance for a few showers to move in from the Gulf of Mexico early this morning through the midday time frame. Coverage of rain should remain isolated and located mainly in areas west of Interstate 75, but you will want to note that in your plans, especially if headed to the beaches.

By the afternoon, the impacts of some relatively drier air in the mid-levels of the atmosphere will help to keep much of the region rather dry compared to what is considered normal for a late July day. Any stray rain or thunder that would be able to develop on Monday would most likely be in communities well to the east of the I-75 corridor. The vast majority of us will see mostly sunny skies this afternoon.

Temperatures on Today will range from the upper 80s along the coastal cities like Naples, to the low and mid 90s in Fort Myers and Punta Gorda.

Communities like Lehigh Acres, Immokalee and Golden Gate will have a better opportunity for seeing temperatures top 94 on Monday afternoon.

Tuesday's weather could again be met with a morning shower or two along the coastline, but once again a good chunk of the afternoon should remain rather dry.

Showers and a few thunderstorms return to the forecast by Wednesday with a highs in the lower 90s in the afternoon.

TROPICAL UPDATE

A tropical wave noted on satellite 550 miles southwest of the Cape Verde Islands will be monitored for possible development this week. As of now, the National Hurricane Center is giving this disturbance a 30% chance of development in the next two days. However, the feature is moving into an area of the Atlantic Ocean that is a bit more favorable for storms. Over the next 5 days, there is a 70% chance for this system to develop. We will continue to monitor the situation and bring you updates throughout the week.

Other than the previously mentioned tropical wave, there are no tropical cyclones active in the Gulf of Mexico or Caribbean Sea and none are expected to develop within the next two days. Return to index of stories...


TRAFFIC SPONSORSHIP BILLBOARD-CLIPTOPS


Return to index of stories...

PRECISION TRAFFIC-NAVI OR FDOT


adlib current traffic Return to index of stories...


NERITA ST. BEACH ACCESS-TRX-SSTOPS


A TRAFFIC ALERT IF YOU'RE HEADING TO THE BEACH THIS WEEK.

NERITA STREET BEACH ACCESS ON SANIBEL WILL BE CLOSED FOR ROADWORK STARTING TODAY.

THE PROJECT LASTS UNTIL AUGUST 8TH.

THIS DOES INCLUDE THE NERITA STREET BEACH DUNE WALKOVER.

Nerita Street Beach Access Closed Due to Maintenance Work from July 28th through August 8th

On Monday, July 28, 2014, the City will begin performing maintenance work that will require the closure of the Nerita Street beach dune walkover until August 8, 2014. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced due to this necessary repair work. Return to index of stories...


WXRATE ALLYSON OPEN-CLIPTOPS


Return to index of stories...

STORMWARN FORECAST-WX CTR TO WX WALL


LIMITED RAIN CHANCES TODAY

Monday will again be dominated by an onshore wind flow. That means we have the chance for a few showers to move in from the Gulf of Mexico early this morning through the midday time frame. Coverage of rain should remain isolated and located mainly in areas west of Interstate 75, but you will want to note that in your plans, especially if headed to the beaches.

By the afternoon, the impacts of some relatively drier air in the mid-levels of the atmosphere will help to keep much of the region rather dry compared to what is considered normal for a late July day. Any stray rain or thunder that would be able to develop on Monday would most likely be in communities well to the east of the I-75 corridor. The vast majority of us will see mostly sunny skies this afternoon.

Temperatures on Today will range from the upper 80s along the coastal cities like Naples, to the low and mid 90s in Fort Myers and Punta Gorda.

Communities like Lehigh Acres, Immokalee and Golden Gate will have a better opportunity for seeing temperatures top 94 on Monday afternoon.

Tuesday's weather could again be met with a morning shower or two along the coastline, but once again a good chunk of the afternoon should remain rather dry.

Showers and a few thunderstorms return to the forecast by Wednesday with a highs in the lower 90s in the afternoon.

TROPICAL UPDATE

A tropical wave noted on satellite 550 miles southwest of the Cape Verde Islands will be monitored for possible development this week. As of now, the National Hurricane Center is giving this disturbance a 30% chance of development in the next two days. However, the feature is moving into an area of the Atlantic Ocean that is a bit more favorable for storms. Over the next 5 days, there is a 70% chance for this system to develop. We will continue to monitor the situation and bring you updates throughout the week.

Other than the previously mentioned tropical wave, there are no tropical cyclones active in the Gulf of Mexico or Caribbean Sea and none are expected to develop within the next two days. Return to index of stories...


EBOLA VIRUS-TC MON DISSOLVE VO


IT'S A BATTLE AGAINST ONE OF THE MOST FEARED DISEASES IN THE WORLD.

TWO AMERICANS HAVE COME DOWN WITH THE EBOLA VIRUS.

ONE DOCTOR--WHO DIED-- AND A HEALTH CARE WORKER THAT WORKED WITH HIM CONTRACTED THE DISEASE.

--DESPITE WEARING PROTECTIVE CLOTHING WHEN WORKING WITH PATIENTS IN WEST AFRICA. Return to index of stories...


EBOLA VIRUS-SOTVO


"We began intensive treatment with fluids and we are hopeful. We are

praying."

THE EBOLA OUTBREAK HAS SPREAD TO 3 WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES.

MORE THAN 670 DEAD.

IT HAS KILLED 62 PERCENT OF THOSE INFECTED. Return to index of stories...


CA LIGHTNING STRIKES-VO


ONE PERSON IS DEAD THIS MORNING-

--AND 13 OTHERS INJURED AFTER THEY WERE STRUCK BY LIGHTNING ON VENICE BEACH IN CALIFORNIA.

MANY OF THE VICTIMS WERE ON THE PIER WHEN THE STORM ROLLED IN SUNDAY AFTERNOON.

WE KNOW AT LEAST ONE OTHER VICTIM IS IN CRITICAL CONDITION THIS MORNING.

NO NAMES HAVE BEEN RELEASED. Return to index of stories...


GAZA CEASEFIRE-VO


THIS MORNING-

THE U-N IS CALLING FOR A HUMANITARIAN CEASE-FIRE IN GAZA-

--WHILE THE TWO SIDES KEEP FIRING MISSLES IN A FAILED CEASE-FIRE THROUGHOUT THE WEEKEND.

ISRAEL AND PALESTINE HAVE BEEN FIGHTING FOR WEEKS.

ISRAEL HAS REPEATEDLY ACCUSED HAMAS OF ENDANGERING CIVILIANS BY LAUNCHING

ATTACKS FROM CROWDED AREAS.

SO FAR-

THERE HAVE BEEN OVER *ONE THOUSAND* CASUALTIES IN THE 19 DAY WAR-

THAT'S MOSTLY CIVILIANS. Return to index of stories...


WWI 100 YEARS-POP DISSOLVE VO


TODAY MARKS AN IMPORTANT DAY IN HISTORY.

IT'S BEEN 100 YEARS SINCE THE START OF WORLD WAR ONE.

IT WAS ON JULY 28TH, 1914.

THAT AUSTRIA-HUNGARY DECLARED WAR ON SERBIA AFTER THE ASSASINATION OF ARCHDUKE FRANZ FERDINAND.

THE WAR WOULD SOON SPREAD THROUGHOUT EUROPE -- AND ACROSS THE ENTIRE WORLD.

WORLD WAR ONE WOULD END FOUR YEARS LATER -- IN 1918. Return to index of stories...


COSTA CONCODIA FINAL JOURNEY-VO


THE CRIPPLED COSTA CONCORDIA CRUISE SHIP HAS REACHED THE END OF ITS FINAL VOYAGE.

SALVAGE CREWS COMPLETED THE 280-MILE JOURNEY FROM ITS WRECKAGE SITE TO THE ITALIAN PORT OF GENOA OVER THE WEEKEND.

32 PEOPLE DIED IN THE DISASTER BACK IN 2012.

CREWS WILL SPEND THE NEXT TWO YEARS SLOWLY TAKING THE RUINED SHIP APART.

IT'S BEING CALLED THE LARGEST AND MOST-EXPENSIVE SALVAGE OPERATION EVER.

--COSTING ONE AND HALF BILLION DOLLARS. Return to index of stories...


CALIFORNIA WILDIRES-E-ANI FLY


HUNDREDS OF FIREFIGHTERS ARE SPREAD THIN ACROSS TWO RAGING WILDFIRES IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA. TOGETHER NEARLY 6,000 ACRES HAVE BURNED.

OUTSIDE SACRAMENTO. THE SAND FIRE HAS DESTROYED 10 HOMES AND FORCED MORE THAN 1000 RESIDENTS TO EVACUATE

EXTREME HEAT AND DROUGHT ARE MAKING IT TOUGH FOR THESE FIREFIGHTERS TO GET A HANDLE ON THE BLAZE. Return to index of stories...


SEVERE FLORIDA STORMS-TRX-VOTOPS


MEANWHILE-

BACK HERE IN FLORIDA-

STRONG STORMS ARE BARELLING THROUGH-

IN EDGEWATER--

THEY'RE STILL CLEANING UP AFTER A RARE SUMMERTIME TORNADO RIPPED THROUGH THE TOWN--

LIFTING UP SHEDS AND TOSSING DEBRIS FROM A NEARBY AIRPLANE HANGER. Return to index of stories...


FL GAY MARRIAGE-VOWIPE


FOR THE SECOND TIME IN JUST A FEW WEEKS--

A CIRCUIT COURT JUDGE RULED FLORIDA'S BAN ON SAME-SEX MARRIAGE UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

JUDGE SARAH ZABEL OF MIAMI-DADE COUNTY SAYS THE VOTER-APPROVED BAN DENIES SAME-SEX COUPLES THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO EQUALITY.

THE RULING COMES JUST ONE WEEK AFTER A JUDGE IN MONROE COUNTY ISSUED A SIMILAR RULING.

DESPITE THE DECISION-- GAY COUPLES IN MIAMI-DADE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO MARRY ANYTIME SOON. Return to index of stories...


FL GAY MARRIAGE-SOTVO


6:46:27 "I think it's great, and I think it's only a matter of time, and it's one more county."

6:41:19 "Marriage equality is something for everyone, it shouldn't just be for a certain class of people." 6:41:25

ANOTHER RULING IS EXPECTED IN TALLAHASSEE NEXT WEEK.

IT WILL INVOLVE NEARLY 10-COUPLES, MARRIED IN OTHER STATES --ONE FROM FORT MYERS. Return to index of stories...


CAPE DOMESTIC PARTNER PUSH-VO


MEANWHILE-

CAPE CORAL COULD BECOME THE SECOND CITY IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA TO RECOGNIZE DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIPS.

CITY LEADERS WILL TALK ABOUT THE ISSUE AT A MEETING TODAY.

THE RULING WOULD GIVE UNMARRIED COUPLES WHO LIVE TOGETHER CERTAIN RGHTS LIKE THE ABILITY TO MAKE MEDICAL DECISIONS IF THEIR LOVED ONE IS IN THE HOSPITAL.

RIGHT NOW -- PUNTA GORDA IS THE ONLY CITY IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA TO RECOGNIZE DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIPS. Return to index of stories...


5AM COVERAGE PROMISE TO BREAK-2SH-VO


THEY'RE MAN'S BEST FRIEND FOR MORE THAN ONE REASON.

THE TOP REASONS DOGS. AND ALL PETS. ARE GOOD FOR US!

THIS IS FROM TESH-DOT-COM.

THE PETS LOVE US JUST THE WAY WE ARE.

OVERWEIGHT? WEAR SWEATS ALL DAY? THEY DON'T CARE!

ALSO, THEY'RE GOOD LISTENERS.

VETS SAY TALKING TO YOUR PET LOWERS OUR HEART RATE, AND LOWERS OUR STRESS HORMONES.

AND, THEY'RE GREAT EXERCISE PARTNERS. Return to index of stories...


6AM COVERAGE PROMISE TO BREAK-2SH-VO


THEY'RE MAN'S BEST FRIEND FOR MORE THAN ONE REASON.

THE TOP REASONS DOGS. AND ALL PETS. ARE GOOD FOR US!

THIS IS FROM TESH-DOT-COM.

THE PETS LOVE US JUST THE WAY WE ARE.

OVERWEIGHT? WEAR SWEATS ALL DAY? THEY DON'T CARE!

ALSO, THEY'RE GOOD LISTENERS.

VETS SAY TALKING TO YOUR PET LOWERS OUR HEART RATE, AND LOWERS OUR STRESS HORMONES.

AND, THEY'RE GREAT EXERCISE PARTNERS. Return to index of stories...


SPORTS WRAP AT 5AM-PKG


A SPECIAL DAY IN COOPERSTOWN, NEW YORK FOR THE NEWEST CLASS OF BASEBALL HALL OF FAMERS -- 6 NEWLY INDUCTED THIS AFTERNOON -- 3 MANAGERS, 2 FANTASTIC PITCHERS, AND A CHICAGO WHITE SOX FIRST BASEMEN -- ONE OF WHICH GOT TO SPEAK AND SHARE THEIR MEMORIES AND BEST MOMENTS IN THE BIGS --

HERE IS THE LIST -- THE 3 MANAGERS INCLUDING BOBBY COX OF THE BRAVES, TONY LA RUSSA OF THE CARDINALS AND 4 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMP WITH THE NEW YORK YANKEES JOE TORRE -- WHILE LONGTIME TEAMMATES GREG MADDUX AND TOM GLAVINE COMBINED TO WIN 660 GAMES IN THEIR CAREERS -- FRANK THOMAS HIT 521 HOMERUNS AND BATTED.301 FOR HIS CAREER ---

BOBBY COX GOT TO MANAGE GREG MADDUX AND TOM GLAVINE IN THE 90'S AND WON A WORLD SERIES TITLE WITH THEM IN 1995 -- COMBINED THOSE TWO WON 660 GAMES -- AND COX OVER 2500 AS A MANAGER -- ALL 6 -- VERY DESERVING OF THIS HONOR ---

THE NEWEST HALL OF FAME BRAVES WITH THEIR NAMES SHOWING AT TURNER FIELD TODAY -- BISHOP VEROT GRAD CHRIS JOHNSON CONTINUES HIS HOT HITTING -- WITH A 2 RUN DOUBLE INTO RIGHT FIELD -- THIS WOULD GIVE THE BRAVES A 4-1 LEAD -- AND THEY WIN AGAIN AT HOME -- 8 TO 3 --

MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL SCORES -- THE MIRACLE FALL IN TAMPA TODAY -- 6 TO 4 -- THE STONECRABS CONTINUING THEIR WINNING WAYS -- THEY TAKE IT IN DUNEDIN 9 TO 2 --

TO GOLF - THE SENIOR OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - AND FROM START TO FINISH - BERNHARD LANGER WAS ON TOP -- THE 2 TIME ACE GROUP CLASSIC WINNER -- BIRDIES THE 12TH HERE -- AND WINS WITH A FINAL SCORE OF 18 UNDER - HE HAD THE LARGEST MARGIN OF VICTORY EVER -- FOR A CHAMPIONS TOUR EVENT Return to index of stories...


AMERICAS MONEY AT 6AM-PKG


AMERICA'S MONEY:

GOOD MORNING. TOPPING "AMERICA'S MONEY". FALLING GAS PRICES ACROSS THE

COUNTRY.

THE AVERAGE PRICE FOR A GALLON OF GAS IS NOW THREE DOLLARS AND 52-CENTS

NATIONWIDE.

THAT'S DOWN 16-CENTS FROM LAST MONTH.

THOSE PRICES HAVE BEEN DOWN 24 DAYS IN A ROW.

STOCK MARKETS REOPEN THIS MORNING, HOPING TO REBOUND FROM FRIDAY'S SLIDE.

THE DOW BEGINS TRADING BELOW THE 17-THOUSAND MARK, FOR THE FIRST TIME IN

NEARLY THREE WEEKS.

FRIDAY'S SELL-OFF WAS TRIGGERED BY CONCERNS ABOUT CONSUMER SPENDING.

DRONE SCHOOLS ARE TAKING OFF -- SEVERAL UNIVERSITIES ARE OFFERING TRAINING

PROGRAMS FOR PILOTS, ANTICIPATING A BOOM IN UNMANNED AIRCRAFT.

A TYPICAL FOUR-YEAR PROGRAM IS PRICEY: 175-THOUSAND DOLLARS, INCLUDING ROOM

AND BOARD.

AND IT WAS BEAUTY OVER BRAWN AT THE BOX OFFICE THIS WEEKEND.

SCARLETT JOHANSSON'S "LUCY" TAKING IN 44 MILLION DOLLARS.

"HERCULES" WAS A DISTANT SECOND AT 29 MILLION.

"DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES" SLIPPED TO THIRD. WITH 16.

AND THAT'S AMERICA'S MONEY.

I'M REENA NINAN. Return to index of stories...


STORMWARN GENERIC FORECAST OPEN-CLIPTOPS


Return to index of stories...

STORMWARN FORECAST-WX WALL


LIMITED RAIN CHANCES TODAY

Monday will again be dominated by an onshore wind flow. That means we have the chance for a few showers to move in from the Gulf of Mexico early this morning through the midday time frame. Coverage of rain should remain isolated and located mainly in areas west of Interstate 75, but you will want to note that in your plans, especially if headed to the beaches.

By the afternoon, the impacts of some relatively drier air in the mid-levels of the atmosphere will help to keep much of the region rather dry compared to what is considered normal for a late July day. Any stray rain or thunder that would be able to develop on Monday would most likely be in communities well to the east of the I-75 corridor. The vast majority of us will see mostly sunny skies this afternoon.

Temperatures on Today will range from the upper 80s along the coastal cities like Naples, to the low and mid 90s in Fort Myers and Punta Gorda.

Communities like Lehigh Acres, Immokalee and Golden Gate will have a better opportunity for seeing temperatures top 94 on Monday afternoon.

Tuesday's weather could again be met with a morning shower or two along the coastline, but once again a good chunk of the afternoon should remain rather dry.

Showers and a few thunderstorms return to the forecast by Wednesday with a highs in the lower 90s in the afternoon.

TROPICAL UPDATE

A tropical wave noted on satellite 550 miles southwest of the Cape Verde Islands will be monitored for possible development this week. As of now, the National Hurricane Center is giving this disturbance a 30% chance of development in the next two days. However, the feature is moving into an area of the Atlantic Ocean that is a bit more favorable for storms. Over the next 5 days, there is a 70% chance for this system to develop. We will continue to monitor the situation and bring you updates throughout the week.

Other than the previously mentioned tropical wave, there are no tropical cyclones active in the Gulf of Mexico or Caribbean Sea and none are expected to develop within the next two days. Return to index of stories...


STORMWARN AND TRAFFIC TRANSITION-CLIPTOPS


Return to index of stories...

PRECISION TRAFFIC-NAVI OR FDOT


adlib current traffic Return to index of stories...


TRAFFIC SPONSOR BILLBOARD-CLIPTOPS


SPONSORSHIP SHOULD WIPE TO MONEY SCOPE/ TECH BYTES REPORT Return to index of stories...


LOS ANGELES TRAFFIC ISSUES-VO


WE'VE HEARD ABOUT THE TRAFFIC NIGHTMARES IN LOS ANGELES-

BUT THIS IS A WHOLE NEW LEVEL-

CHECK THIS OUT-

DRIVERS PULLING OVER FOR A FRIENDLY CARD GAME.

A GROUP SET UP A POKER TABLE ON THE FIVE FREEWAY.

POLICE SHUT DOWN THE FREEWAY IN BOTH DIRECTIONS FOR HOURS AS THEY RESCUED A MAN FROM THE LEDGE OF AN OVERPASS. Return to index of stories...


BUMP TO BREAK-3SHOT, CAM 10 BMP


Return to index of stories...

5AM HOUR-CLIPTOPS


Return to index of stories...

6AM HOUR-CLIPTOPS


Return to index of stories...

HL1) PLANE ACCIDENT-VO-WIPE


A YOUNG FAMILY BROKEN APART-

AFTER A DEVASTATING PLANE CRASH IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA.

WHAT HAPPENED WHEN A FATHER AND HIS YOUNG DAUGHTER WERE TOGETHER ON THE GULF SHORES.

WE'LL BRING YOU LIVE TO THE SCENE. Return to index of stories...


HL2) CLAWSON REMARKS-VO-WIPE


HE MISTOOK TWO U-S OFFICIALS FOR FOREIGNERS-

AND HE DID IT IN THE MIDDLE OF A CONGRESSIONAL HEARING.

WHAT CLAWSON HAS TO SAY ABOUT HIS GAFFE.

-THAT HAS EVERYONE IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA TALKING THIS MORNING. Return to index of stories...


HL3) MOSQUITO APP-VO-WIPE


IT'S A PHONE APP THAT KEEPS MOSQUITOS AWAY.

BUT DOES IT ACTUALLY WORK.

ABC-7 PUTS IT TO THE TEST.

WHY YOU MIGHT NEED TO THROW AWAY THE SPRAY. Return to index of stories...


530AM~STORMWARN FORECAST OPEN-CLIP


Return to index of stories...

530AM~STORMWARN FORECAST-WX CTR TO WX WALL


LIMITED RAIN CHANCES TODAY

Monday will again be dominated by an onshore wind flow. That means we have the chance for a few showers to move in from the Gulf of Mexico early this morning through the midday time frame. Coverage of rain should remain isolated and located mainly in areas west of Interstate 75, but you will want to note that in your plans, especially if headed to the beaches.

By the afternoon, the impacts of some relatively drier air in the mid-levels of the atmosphere will help to keep much of the region rather dry compared to what is considered normal for a late July day. Any stray rain or thunder that would be able to develop on Monday would most likely be in communities well to the east of the I-75 corridor. The vast majority of us will see mostly sunny skies this afternoon.

Temperatures on Today will range from the upper 80s along the coastal cities like Naples, to the low and mid 90s in Fort Myers and Punta Gorda.

Communities like Lehigh Acres, Immokalee and Golden Gate will have a better opportunity for seeing temperatures top 94 on Monday afternoon.

Tuesday's weather could again be met with a morning shower or two along the coastline, but once again a good chunk of the afternoon should remain rather dry.

Showers and a few thunderstorms return to the forecast by Wednesday with a highs in the lower 90s in the afternoon.

TROPICAL UPDATE

A tropical wave noted on satellite 550 miles southwest of the Cape Verde Islands will be monitored for possible development this week. As of now, the National Hurricane Center is giving this disturbance a 30% chance of development in the next two days. However, the feature is moving into an area of the Atlantic Ocean that is a bit more favorable for storms. Over the next 5 days, there is a 70% chance for this system to develop. We will continue to monitor the situation and bring you updates throughout the week.

Other than the previously mentioned tropical wave, there are no tropical cyclones active in the Gulf of Mexico or Caribbean Sea and none are expected to develop within the next two days. Return to index of stories...


GOOD MORNING-CLIP 2SHOT PUSH


A BIG TALKER AS YOU WAKE UP WITH US ON ABC-7.

IT'S THE POLITICAL GAFFE THAT'S PUT SOUTHWEST FLORIDA ON THE INTERNATIONAL MAP.

GOOD MORNING-

THANKS FOR JOINING US-

I'M AMY SEDLACEK.

AND I'M ROB EVANS.

IT'S WHEN THE CONGRESSMAN FOR DISTRICT 19 MADE A MISTAKE TALKING TO UNITED STATES OFFICIALS-

LISTEN IN. Return to index of stories...


CLAWSON TALKS ABOUT GAFFE-SOTVOWIPE


"just as your capital is welcome here to produce good-paying jobs in the US, I'd like our capital to be welcome there.

I ask cooperation and commitment and priority from your government in so doing. Can I have that?"

THIS WAS THURSDAY--

FRESHMAN REPRESENTATIVE CURT CLAWSON MISTOOK TWO U-S OFFICIALS FOR PEOPLE FROM INDIA.

CLAWSON TALKED WITH A-B-C SEVEN ABOUT HIS BLUNDER. Return to index of stories...


CLAWSON TALKS ABOUT GAFFE-SOTVO


22:52:49 - It was an airball from the foul line. It was a big blooper and of my most silly mistakes. I've apologized to both of them and I apologize to anyone I might have offended. I take full responsibility for it as well. 22:53:11

CLAWSON WENT ON TO SAY HE STILL HAS A LOT TO LEARN AND HE'S EDUCATING HIMSELF ABOUT THE SITUATION RIGHT NOW IN ISRAEL AND UKRAINE, SO HE CAN TAKE ACTION. Return to index of stories...


VOTE 2014-CLIP


Return to index of stories...

VOTER REGISTRATION-BNC BNR


LOOKING AHEAD TODAY-

IT IS THE LAST DAY FOR VOTERS TO REGISTER FOR THE AUGUST PRIMARY.

FLORIDA IS A CLOSED PRIMARY STATE-- MEANING YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED DEMOCRAT TO VOTE FOR EITHER CHARLIE CRIST OR NAN RICH.

INFORMATION FOR YOUR COUNTY IS ON OUR WEBSITE --

ABC DASH SEVEN DOT COM. Return to index of stories...


LEE COUNTY POLITICS-OTS-VO


MEANWHILE-

A LEE COUNTY COMMISSIONER IS FIGHTING TO KEEP HIS SEAT-- AFTER A LATE ENTRY IN THE DISTRICT TWO RACE.

REPUBLICAN COMMISSIONER CECIL PENDERGRASS WAS UNOPPOSED UNTIL FELLOW REPUBLICAN PAIGE RAUSCH SUBMITTED HER FILING FEE.

HER LARGEST FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTOR TO DATE IS ALGENOL -- THE BIO-FUEL COMPANY PENDERGRASS BUTTED HEADS WITH IN FEBRUARY.

HE QUESTIONED WHETHER THEY CREATED THE 108 JOBS THEY PROMISED. Return to index of stories...


LEE COUNTY POLITICS-SOTVO


Commissioner Cecil Pendergrass, Lee County Commission

00:45:34 "Algenol is a great partner for Lee County and my question that day and I will continue to ask that question to any company that has an agreement with Lee County to protect Lee County tax payers." 00:45:41

BOTH CANDIDATES SAY THEY ARE FOCUSING LESS ON THE MONEY AND MORE ON HOW THEY PLAN TO HELP LEE COUNTY. Return to index of stories...


PUBLIC INPUT LEE CO-VO


A LOCAL ORGANIZATION IS ASKING FOR LEE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS TO LET THEM BE HEARD.

THE "LEE PUBLIC VOICE" WROTE A LETTER THIS WEEKEND ASKING FOR MORE PUBLIC COMMENT.

THEY THINK COMMENTS AT REGULAR MEETINGS WORKS WELL--

BUT WOULD LIKE MORE TIME AT COUNTY WORKSHOPS.

THE LETTER ALSO ADDRESSED GIVING THE PUBLIC MORE TIME TO LOOK OVER BUDGET INFORMATION. Return to index of stories...


BIT COIN BANKING-VOWIPE


IMAGINE BUYING A PRICEY NAPLES HOME WITHOUT USING REAL MONEY--

BUT INSTEAD USING DIGITAL MONEY--CALLED BITCOINS.

THIS EAST NAPLES LUXURY HOME NEAR IMMOKALEE ROAD AND COLLIER BOULEVARD IS WORTH ABOUT 16-HUNDRED BITCOINS.

THATS EQUAL TO 970-THOUSAND DOLLARS.

POTENTIAL BUYERS TRADE IN THEIR MONEY FOR THE DIGITAL CURRENCY.

THE SALE TAKES PLACE WITH CLICK OF A BUTTON.

NO BANKS ARE INVOLVED.

THE PAYMENT GOES DIRECTLY TO THE SELLER. Return to index of stories...


BIT COIN BANKING-SOTVO


SOT

DANIEL WOLKOFF/ sun realty

6:54:54-6:55:03

"Most people don't have very high opinions of banks these days. So, to

be able to cut them out and their fees out, it's pretty interesting

for a lot of people."

THE VALUE OF BITCOINS CHANGES JUST LIKE THE DOLLAR.

REAL ESTATE AGENTS BELIEVE BUYERS OVERSEAS WILL BENEFIT THE MOST. Return to index of stories...


GABRIEL HOUSE BENEFIT-VO


TWO LOCAL STORES ARE RAISING MONEY FOR A GREAT CAUSE.

CLOTHES MENTOR IN NAPLES AND FORT MYERS HELD A SIDEWALK SALE AS A FUNDRAISER FOR THE GABRIEL HOUSE IN FORT MYERS.

THE HOME TAKES IN ABANDONED CHILDREN WITH MEDICAL NEEDS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD.

FOR 20 BUCKS, PEOPLE GOT A BAG THEY COULD FILL TO THE BRIM WITH AS MANY CLOTHES THEY COULD FIT. Return to index of stories...


HARBORSIDE BACKPACKS-VO


THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL IS ONLY THREE WEEKS AWAY,

AND THOUSANDS OF LOCAL FAMILIES WERE GIVEN SOME MUCH NEEDED HELP GETTING SCHOOL SUPPLIES.

THE LINE WRAPPED AROUND HARBORSIDE EVENT CENTER FOR THE ANNUAL BACKPACK EVENT THIS WEEKEND-

PUT ON BY THE MULTICULTURAL CENTER OF SOUTHWEST FLORIDA.

ORGANIZERS HANDED OUT 25-HUNDRED BACKPACKS FULL OF SCHOOL SUPPLIES TO STUDENTS. THEY ALSO GOT FREE HAIR-CUTS. Return to index of stories...


HARBORSIDE BACKPACKS-SOTVO


Christopher Bryant, Father of 4

22:30:03-12

"there are so many other deterrents that can stop kids from having an education. School supplies shouldn't be one of them."

THIS WAS THE 15TH YEAR FOR THE EVENT.

25-HUNDRED BAGS WERE GIVEN OUT. Return to index of stories...


TAX FREE SCHOOL SHOPPING-VIDBOX


AND LOOKING AHEAD THIS WEEK-

THERE WILL BE SOME GREAT DEALS ON SCHOOL SUPPLIES FOR ALL OF SOUTHWEST FLORIDA.

THE STATE'S SALES TAX HOLIDAY STARTS THIS FRIDAY -- AUGUST FIRST.

CLOTHING AND SHOES 100 DOLLARS OR LESS ARE TAX EXEMPT.

YOU CAN ALSO SAVE THAT SIX PERCENT TAX ON COMPUTERS AND OTHER SCHOOL SUPPLIES.

THE STATE EXPECTS SHOPPERS WILL SAVE AT LEAST 40-MILLION DOLLARS. Return to index of stories...


FACEBOOK CAT-TRX-VOTOPS


AN UPDATE FOR YOU THIS MORINING ON A CONTROVERSIAL PHOTO POSTED ONLINE.

WE SHOWED YOU THIS PICTURE OF A PORT CHARLOTTE MAN POINTING A GUN AT A CAT LAST WEEK.

ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICERS TELL ABC-7 THEY CHECKED-- AND FOUND THE CAT ALIVE AND DOING O-K.

DEPUTIES SAY THE MAN WILL NOT BE CHARGED WITH ANIMAL CRUELTY. Return to index of stories...


DIRTY BEACH WATER-VO IN POP


MORE THAN A DOZEN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA BEACHES COULD MAKE YOU SICK.

A WATER ADVOCACY GROUP WANTS THE E-P-A TO STEP UP THEIR PATROL.

RESEARCHERS FROM THE NATURAL RESOURCES DEFENSE COUCIL SAY THERE'S TOO MUCH BACTERIA SWIMMING NEAR FAMILIES.

RESEARCH SHOWS SEVEN BEACHES IN COLLIER, FIVE IN LEE, AND SIX IN CHARLOTTE ALL HAVE HIGHER THAN NORMAL LEVELS OF BACTERIA.

THEY FEAR IT WILL ONLY INCREASE THIS YEAR. Return to index of stories...


DIRTY BEACH WATER-SOTVO BNR


22:10:15-22:10:27

Teresa Mcfall/boater

"I'm okay. I don't get sick sick from it. You always have to watch out

for bacteria like not shave your legs or anything before you get in

the water and things like that."

LEE COUNTY HEALTH LEADERS SAY IT'S NORMAL TO HAVE SOME BACTERIA.

SO YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TRY TO PROTECT YOURSELF.

LIKE, AVOID GOING TO BEACH WITH AN OPEN SORE.

AND PLUG YOUR NOSE WHEN GOING IN THE WATER.

THE FULL LIST OF BEACHES IS ON OUR WEBSITE A-B-C DASH SEVEN DOT COM. Return to index of stories...


FL MEDICAL MARIJUANA-E-ANI-FLY


AN AMENDMENT TO LEGALIZE MEDICAL MARIJUANA IN FLORIDA-

IS ALREADY SET TO APPEAR ON THE NOVEMBER BALLOT.

ITS BEEN GETTING A GOOD AMOUNT OF ATTENTION -- ACROSS THE STATE -- FROM SUPPORTERS, AND OPPOSERS.

THE LATEST QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY POLL SHOWED 88-PERCENT OF FLORIDA VOTERS SUPPORT ADULTS. LEGALLY USING MARIJUANA FOR MEDICAL PURPOSES. Return to index of stories...


530AM COVERAGE PROMISE TO BREAK-2SH-VO


IT'S MONDAY.

TIME TO GET BACK INTO YOUR ROUTINE.

BUT IF YOU HAVE A BUSY WEEK.

AND HAVE TO GRAB FAST FOOD

HERE'S YOUR BEST BALANCED DIET.

FOR BREAKFAST. PANERA'S POWER BREAKFAST SANDWHICH.22 GRAMS OF PROTEIN

FOR LUNCH. CHIPOTLE SOFT CORN TORTILLAS WITH STEAK, CHEESE, LETTUCE AND TOMATO. ALWAYS CHOOSE CORN TORILLAS OVER FLOUR AND SKIP THE GUACAMOLE

FOR A SNACK SMOOTHIE KING'S SKINNY CHOCOLATE HIGH PROTEIN SMOOTHIE

FOR DINNER-MC'D'S GRILLED CHICKEN RANCH BLT

AND FOR DESSERT WENDY'S JR. FROSTY Return to index of stories...


630AM COVERAGE PROMISE TO BREAK-2SH-VO


DO YOU TAKE A DAILY ASPIRIN?

MILLIONS OF PEOPLE DO.

TO WARD OFF HEART ATTACKS

LISTEN UP.

NEW RESEARCH SAYS IT MAY BE DOING THE OPPOSITE.

AND CAUSING HEART ATTACKS.

THE STUDY SHOWS 1 IN 4 ADULTS CARRY A GENE WHICH WHEN COMBINED WITH ASPRIN, MAKES THEM NEARLY TWICE AS LIKELY TO SUFFER A HEART ATTACK.

GMA'S BREAKING DOWN WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW Return to index of stories...


STORMWARN GENFORECAST OPEN-CLIPTOPS


Return to index of stories...

STORMWARN FORECAST-WX WALL


LIMITED RAIN CHANCES TODAY

Monday will again be dominated by an onshore wind flow. That means we have the chance for a few showers to move in from the Gulf of Mexico early this morning through the midday time frame. Coverage of rain should remain isolated and located mainly in areas west of Interstate 75, but you will want to note that in your plans, especially if headed to the beaches.

By the afternoon, the impacts of some relatively drier air in the mid-levels of the atmosphere will help to keep much of the region rather dry compared to what is considered normal for a late July day. Any stray rain or thunder that would be able to develop on Monday would most likely be in communities well to the east of the I-75 corridor. The vast majority of us will see mostly sunny skies this afternoon.

Temperatures on Today will range from the upper 80s along the coastal cities like Naples, to the low and mid 90s in Fort Myers and Punta Gorda.

Communities like Lehigh Acres, Immokalee and Golden Gate will have a better opportunity for seeing temperatures top 94 on Monday afternoon.

Tuesday's weather could again be met with a morning shower or two along the coastline, but once again a good chunk of the afternoon should remain rather dry.

Showers and a few thunderstorms return to the forecast by Wednesday with a highs in the lower 90s in the afternoon.

TROPICAL UPDATE

A tropical wave noted on satellite 550 miles southwest of the Cape Verde Islands will be monitored for possible development this week. As of now, the National Hurricane Center is giving this disturbance a 30% chance of development in the next two days. However, the feature is moving into an area of the Atlantic Ocean that is a bit more favorable for storms. Over the next 5 days, there is a 70% chance for this system to develop. We will continue to monitor the situation and bring you updates throughout the week.

Other than the previously mentioned tropical wave, there are no tropical cyclones active in the Gulf of Mexico or Caribbean Sea and none are expected to develop within the next two days. Return to index of stories...


TRAFFIC SPONSORSHIP BILLBOARD-CLIPTOPS


Return to index of stories...

PRECISION TRAFFIC-NAVI OR FDOT


adlib current traffic Return to index of stories...


CAPE CORAL CLEANING-TRX-VOTOPS


CREWS IN CAPE CORAL ARE WORKING TO RE-LINE OLD SEWER LINES NEAR THE CAPE CORAL YACHT CLUB.

NEW PIPING IS MEANT TO CUT DOWN ON THE EXCESS WATER LEAKING OUT OF THE OLD CLAY PIPES.

THE PROJECT GOES THROUGH NEXT MONTH. Return to index of stories...


UPCOMING: TIGER DAY-CGVIDBOX


AND THE NAPLES ZOO IS GETTING READY FOR INTERNATIONAL TIGER DAY!

TOMORROW-

THE ZOO WILL BE OPEN FROM NINE TO FIVE.

YOU CAN COME OUT AND ENJOY SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS --AND ACTIVITIES.

July 30th

tuesday

International Tiger Day

Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens

1590 Goodlette-Frank Road, Naples

9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Celebrate the planets largest cats with special presentations and activities! 239-262-5409 Return to index of stories...


TOSS TO SAM-CLIP 2SHOT PUSH SS(2) VO-ZM MAP


DEVELOPING NEWS AS YOU WAKE UP WITH US THIS MORNING-

ABC-7 HAS LEARNED THE NAMES OF ALL OF THOSE INVOLVED IN YESTERDAY'S DEADLY PLANE CRASH ON A BEACH IN SARASOTA COUNTY.

36-YEAR-OLD OMMY IRIZARRY WAS KILLED WHEN THE PLANE STRUCK HIM AS IT ATTEMPTED TO LAND ON THE SAND.

IRIZARRY WAS WITH HIS FAMILY.HIS 9 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER OCEANA WAS SERIOUSLY INJURED.

TAKE A LOOK AT SOME VIDEO FROM THE SCENE.

YOU CAN SEE THE PLANE IS CRIPPLED WITH WHAT APPEARS TO BE A BROKEN WHEEL.

THE PLANE IS STILL SITTING THERE THIS MORNING.

LET'S GET RIGHT OUT TO ABC-7'S SAM SWEENEY WHO IS LIVE ON THE BEACH WITH THE DETAILS.

SAM. Return to index of stories...


SARASOTA PLANE CRASH-LIVE


THIS IS A HEART WRENCHING STORY--- A MAN AND HIS 9 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER PLAYING IN THE WATERS EDGE--ENJOYING THEIR VACATION AND THEY WERE RUN OVER BY THIS PLANE. Return to index of stories...


SARASOTA PLANE CRASH-VOWIPE


THE SINGLE ENGINE PIPER SENT A DISTRESS CALL AROUND 230 SUNDAY. IT REPORTEDLY LOST POWER AND COULDN'T MAKE IT TO THE NEARBY AIRPORT.

THE TWO MEN INSIDE THE PLANE WALKED AWAY--- BUT NOT 36 YEAR OLD Ommy Irizarry--- OR HIS DAUGHTER OCEANA.

HOURS BEFORE THE ACCIDENT OMMY WROTE ON FACEBOOK HOW MUCH HE LOVED HIS WIFE AND HOW EXCITED HE WAS TO SPEND THE NEXT 100 YEARS TOGetHER. THE COUPLE WAS HERE VISITING FROM GEORGIA for their 9th wedding anniversary.

WITNESSES SAY OMMY'S WIFE SAW IT HAPPEN. Return to index of stories...


SARASOTA PLANE CRASH-SOTVO


18:50:08 "When I looked a little farther, a couple feet down the beach, there was medics helping out what seemed to be the father, and he had blood on his face and they seemed to be doing CPR." 18:50:16 Return to index of stories...


SARASOTA PLANE CRASH-LIVE


RIGHT NOW A TEAM FROM THE NTSB IS EN ROUTE--- IT'S EXPECTED THE PLANE WILL BE REMOVED LATER TODAY.

LIVE ON CASPERSEN BEACH IN SARASOTA COUNTY SAM SWEENEY NBC 2. Return to index of stories...


WXRATE ALLYSON OPEN-CLIPTOPS


Return to index of stories...

STORMWARN FORECAST-WX ID TO WX CTR


LIMITED RAIN CHANCES TODAY

Monday will again be dominated by an onshore wind flow. That means we have the chance for a few showers to move in from the Gulf of Mexico early this morning through the midday time frame. Coverage of rain should remain isolated and located mainly in areas west of Interstate 75, but you will want to note that in your plans, especially if headed to the beaches.

By the afternoon, the impacts of some relatively drier air in the mid-levels of the atmosphere will help to keep much of the region rather dry compared to what is considered normal for a late July day. Any stray rain or thunder that would be able to develop on Monday would most likely be in communities well to the east of the I-75 corridor. The vast majority of us will see mostly sunny skies this afternoon.

Temperatures on Today will range from the upper 80s along the coastal cities like Naples, to the low and mid 90s in Fort Myers and Punta Gorda.

Communities like Lehigh Acres, Immokalee and Golden Gate will have a better opportunity for seeing temperatures top 94 on Monday afternoon.

Tuesday's weather could again be met with a morning shower or two along the coastline, but once again a good chunk of the afternoon should remain rather dry.

Showers and a few thunderstorms return to the forecast by Wednesday with a highs in the lower 90s in the afternoon.

TROPICAL UPDATE

A tropical wave noted on satellite 550 miles southwest of the Cape Verde Islands will be monitored for possible development this week. As of now, the National Hurricane Center is giving this disturbance a 30% chance of development in the next two days. However, the feature is moving into an area of the Atlantic Ocean that is a bit more favorable for storms. Over the next 5 days, there is a 70% chance for this system to develop. We will continue to monitor the situation and bring you updates throughout the week.

Other than the previously mentioned tropical wave, there are no tropical cyclones active in the Gulf of Mexico or Caribbean Sea and none are expected to develop within the next two days. Return to index of stories...


WATCHING TV AFTER WORK-OTS


IT SEEMS NATURAL TO REACH FOR THE T-V REMOTE AFTER A LONG DAY AT WORK-

BUT A NEW STUDY WARNS THAT IF YOU FLICK ON THE T-V WHEN YOU GET HOME-

YOU MAY FEEL INCREDIBLY GUILTY AFTERWARD.

--MAKING YOU MORE STRESSED OUT.

RESEARCHERS SAY PREVIOUS STUDIES SHOWED T-V OFFERED A RECOVERY EXPERIENCE FOR STRESSED OUT WORKERS. Return to index of stories...


THE APPLE SMARTWATCH-VO


THE TECHNOLOGY SECTOR IS BUZZING THIS MORNING-

AFTER APPLE'S PATENT FOR A DIGITAL WATCH WAS APPROVED-

READY TO MOVE FORWARD.

ANALYSTS EXPECT THE WATCH TO BE RELEASED IN OCTOBER.

IT WOULDN'T BE THE FIRST OF ITS KIND.

SAMSUNG HAS A SMARTWATCH-

BUT CONSUMERS HAVE REJECTED THEM FOR THE MOST PART.

BUT AN APPLE WATCH HAS PEOPLE TALKING.

--BECAUSE THEY CONNECT TO THE TWO MOST POPULAR DEVICES IN THE UNITED STTAES-

THE I-PHONE AND I-PAD. Return to index of stories...


THE SARAH PALIN CHANNEL-OTS


SARAH PALIN WANTS TO GO ROGUE AND LAUNCH A MEMBER-SUPPORTED INTERNET CHANNEL-

SHE SAYS IT'S A PLACE FOR PEOPLE TO GO AND SHARE IDEAS.

THE NEW CHANNEL SHOWS VIDEOS OF PALIN CRITICIZING PRESIDENT OBAMA-

AND ALL THE REASONS WHY HE SHOULD BE IMPEACHED.

THE SARAH PALIN CHANNEL WILL COST $9.95 A MONTH OR $99 DOLLARS AND 95 CENTS FOR A ONE-YEAR SUBSCRIPTION. Return to index of stories...


SEA TURTLES HATCH-VO


CHECK THIS OUT!

AN H-D "TURTLE CAM" RECORDED 100 BABY SEA TURTLES HATCHING LAST NIGHT IN THE FLORIDA KEYS.

THE LOGGERHEADS HATCHED AND MADE THEIR WAY TO THE OCEAN.GUIDED BY MOONLIGHT.

THE TURTLE CAM USES INFRARED LIGHT INSTEAD OF ARTIFICIAL LIGHT.SO TURTLES ARE NOT LED AWAY FROM THE WATER Return to index of stories...


MOSQUITO APP-TRX-VOTOPS


A NEW APP IS PROTECTING YOU FROM MOSQUITOS WITHOUT THE PESKY BUG SPRAY.

AND ABC-7 WANTS TO PUT THE *MOSQUITO SONIC REPELLER APP* TO TEST.

THE DEVELOPER SAYS THE APP EMITS A HIGH PITCH FREQUENCY NOISE ONLY MOSQUITOS CAN HEAR.

THE APP ALLOWS USES TO CHOOSE DIFFERENT FREQUENCIES BASED ON THE MOSQUITO POPULATION IN YOUR AREA. Return to index of stories...


MOSQUITO APP-SOTVO


Amy Redford, Lehigh Acres

:11:28 maybe it does work then? i'd probably be stupid enough to try it! haha

--BUTT SOT--

Robert Pacheco, Lehigh Acres

:10:22 thats weird, I don't know if it will work.

:03

THE APP FAILED DURING OUR EXPERIMENT AT LEE COUNTY MOSQUITO CONTROL.

DEVELOPERS ADMIT THE APP IS NOT *100 PERCENT EFFECTIVE-- BUT IT IS FREE. Return to index of stories...


CEREAL MILK-SS


THINK BACK TO CHILDHOOD-

WHEN YOU SLURPED THE COLORFUL MILK THAT WAS LEFT OVER AFTER EATING YOUR FAVORITE SUGARY CEREAL.

WELL NOW-

THAT MILK IS AN ACTUAL PRODUCT.

COW-WOW PRODUCES SINGLE-SERVE CARTONS OF ORGANIC--LOWFAT MILK THAT EVOKE POPULAR CEREAL FLAVORS. Return to index of stories...


530AM COVERAGE PROMISE TO BREAK-2SH-VO


IF YOU'RE GOING TO BREAK INTO A HOUSE, IT'S PROBABLY A GOOD IDEA TO MAKE SURE IT'S NOT THE HOUSE OF SOMEONE WHO GETS PAID TO HURT PEOPLE.

FORMER W-W-E CHAMP DANIEL BRYAN STUMBLED UPON SOME UNFORTUNATE SOULS WHO JUST BROKE INTO HIS PLACE LAST WEEK.

THE TWO TOOK OFF, BUT BRYAN CAUGHT UP WITH ONE OF THEM.CESAR SOSA.

AND PUT HIM IN A REAR-NAKE CHOKEHOLD.

HE SAYS HE DID IT GENTLY SO HE DIDN'T HURT THE GUY. JUST ENOUGH TO SUBDUE HIM UNTIL THE COPS SHOWED UP.

SOSA WAS ALREADY WANTED FOR FELONY KIDNAPPING AND BURGLARY. Return to index of stories...


630AM COVERAGE PROMISE TO BREAK-2SH-VO


WHO HASN'T WANTED TO BE A SUPERHERO AT ONE POINT?

MORE THAN A HUNDRED THOUSAND WANNA-BES FLOCKED TO COMIC CON OVER THE WEEKEND IN SAN DIEGO.

IT'S A WEEKEND FULL OF COMICS, VIDEO GAMES. MOVIES. TV.

CELEBRITIES SHOW UP.

YOU GET SNEAK PEEKS. INCLUDING THE FIRST CHANCE TO SEE BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN.

GMA WILL RUN DOWN THE GREATEST MOMENTS FROM THIS YEAR'S COMIC CON, COMING UP AT SEVEN. Return to index of stories...


TECH BYTES AT 530AM-PKG


TECHBYTES:

IN TODAY'S TECH BYTES.GET READY FOR THE BATTLE OF THE HEADPHONE GIANTS.

AUDIO EQUIPMENT MAKER BOWZ IS ACCUSING BEATS.WHICH WAS RECENTLY PURCHASED

BY APPLE.OF PATENT INFRINGMENT OVER ITS NOISE CANCELLING TECHNOLOGY.

IS GOOGLE WORKING WITH MOTOROLA ON A NEW SUPER SIZED SMARTPHONE? ONLINE

REPORTS CLAIM THAT THE PHABLET.WHICH HAS BEEN CODE NAMED SHA-MOO. WILL

FEATURE A FIVE POINT NINE INCH SCREEN AND A FINGERPRINT SENSOR.

IT WOULD BE PART OF THE NEXUS LINE OF DEVICES.

MARK ZUCKERBERG MAY BE EVEN WEALTHIER THAN YOU THINK.

THE FACEBOOK FOUNDER IS NOW THE WORLD'S FIFTEENTH RICHEST PERSON.ACCORDING

TO THE BLOOMBERG BILLIONAIRES INDEX.

THAT PUTS HIM ABOVE GOOGLE'S LARRY PAGE AND SERGEY BRIN.AS WELL AS AMAZON'

S JEFF BEZOS.

AND YOU'LL SOON BE ABLE TO CHOOSE YOUR HOTEL ROOM. USING YOUR SMARTPHONE.

HILTON THIS WEEK IS ANNOUNCING A NEW APP THAT WILL ALSO ALLOW GUESTS TO OPEN

THE DOORS TO THOSE ROOMS USING THEIR PHONES.

OTHER CHAINS ARE ADDING THEIR APPS, TOO.

THOSE ARE YOUR TECH BYTES, I'M DEVIN DWYER. Return to index of stories...


STORMWARN GENERIC FORECAST OPEN-CLIPTOPS


Return to index of stories...

STORMWARN FORECAST-WX WALL


LIMITED RAIN CHANCES TODAY

Monday will again be dominated by an onshore wind flow. That means we have the chance for a few showers to move in from the Gulf of Mexico early this morning through the midday time frame. Coverage of rain should remain isolated and located mainly in areas west of Interstate 75, but you will want to note that in your plans, especially if headed to the beaches.

By the afternoon, the impacts of some relatively drier air in the mid-levels of the atmosphere will help to keep much of the region rather dry compared to what is considered normal for a late July day. Any stray rain or thunder that would be able to develop on Monday would most likely be in communities well to the east of the I-75 corridor. The vast majority of us will see mostly sunny skies this afternoon.

Temperatures on Today will range from the upper 80s along the coastal cities like Naples, to the low and mid 90s in Fort Myers and Punta Gorda.

Communities like Lehigh Acres, Immokalee and Golden Gate will have a better opportunity for seeing temperatures top 94 on Monday afternoon.

Tuesday's weather could again be met with a morning shower or two along the coastline, but once again a good chunk of the afternoon should remain rather dry.

Showers and a few thunderstorms return to the forecast by Wednesday with a highs in the lower 90s in the afternoon.

TROPICAL UPDATE

A tropical wave noted on satellite 550 miles southwest of the Cape Verde Islands will be monitored for possible development this week. As of now, the National Hurricane Center is giving this disturbance a 30% chance of development in the next two days. However, the feature is moving into an area of the Atlantic Ocean that is a bit more favorable for storms. Over the next 5 days, there is a 70% chance for this system to develop. We will continue to monitor the situation and bring you updates throughout the week.

Other than the previously mentioned tropical wave, there are no tropical cyclones active in the Gulf of Mexico or Caribbean Sea and none are expected to develop within the next two days. Return to index of stories...


STORMWARN AND TRAFFIC TRANSITION-CLIPTOPS


Return to index of stories...

TRAFFIC SPONSOR BILLBOARD-CLIPTOPS


SPONSORSHIP SHOULD WIPE TO MONEY SCOPE/ TECH BYTES REPORT Return to index of stories...


PRECISION TRAFFIC-NAVI OR FDOT


adlib current traffic Return to index of stories...


WONDER WOMAN REVEALED-VO


FANS GOT A SUPER SURPRISE AT COMI-CON IN CALIFORNIA THIS WEKEND.

DIRECTOR ZACH SNYDER CAME TO TALK TO EVERYONE!

HE OPENED THE WARNER BROTHERS PANEL WITH A CLIP FOR THE UPCOMING 'BATMAN VERSUS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.'

THE CROWD ERUPTED AS SNYDER INTRODUCED STARS BEN AFFLECK, HENRY CAVILL AND GAL GADOT.

FANS WERE DELIGHTED TO SEE A TWEETED A PHOTO OF GADOT IN COSTUME AS WONDER WOMAN. Return to index of stories...


BUMP TO BREAK-3SHOT, CAM 10 BMP


Return to index of stories...

TOP STORIES OPEN-CLIP


Return to index of stories...

TS 1) VENICE PLANE CRASH-SSTOPS-VO-WIPE


A FATHER IS DEAD -- HIS YOUNG DAUGHTER FIGHTING FOR HER LIFE THIS MORNING.

36-YEAR-OLD **OMMY IRIZARRY WAS HIT BY A SMALL PLANE MAKING AN EMERGENCY LANDING AT A SARASOTA COUNTY BEACH ON SUNDAY.

INVESTIGATORS SAY THE PILOT -- 57-YEAR-OLD PAUL KOKOMOOR OF ENGLEWOOD -- SENT OUT A DISTRESS SIGNAL AFTER HIS SINGLE-ENGINE PLANE LOST POWER.

KOKOMOOR DECIDED TO LAND THE PLANE ON CASPERSEN BEACH.

THAT'S WHEN HE STRUCK IRIZARRY AND HIS 9-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER -- OCEANA IRIZARRY.

IRIZARRY DIED YESTERDAY-

OCEANA REMAINS IN THE HOSPITAL THIS MORNING IN CRITICAL CONDITION. Return to index of stories...


TS 2) MCGREGOR SINKHOLE-VOTOPS-WIPE


A TRAFFIC ALERT AS YOU HEAD OUT THE DOOR.

ABC-7 IS LEANING ABOUT A SINKHOLE ALONG MCGREGOR BOULEVARD.

THE HOLE IS NEAR THE FORT MYERS COUNTRY CLUB.

AT LAST CHECK, IT'S ABOUT SIX FEET DEEP AND FOUR FEET WIDE.

PUBLIC WORKS CREWS HAVE BLOCKED OFF THE NORTHBOUND LANE.

NO WORD ON WHEN IT WILL GET FIXED. Return to index of stories...


TS 3) TRACEY PERKINS MEETING-VOTOPS-WIPE


A LEE COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER IS DEMANDING AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE RESIGNATION OF A LOCAL PRINCIPAL.

CYPRESS LAKE HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL TRACY PERKINS SUDDENLY STEPPED DOWN THIS MONTH.

HER RESIGNATION LETTER LEFT MANY PEOPLE WITH A LOT OF QUESTIONS.

BOARD MEMBER MARY FISCHER IS SET TO MEET WITH THE SUPERINTENDENT TODAY.

COUNT ON ABC-7 TO LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. Return to index of stories...


TS 4) CAPE DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP-VOTOPS-WIPE


CAPE CORAL COULD BECOME THE SECOND CITY IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA TO RECOGNIZE DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIPS.

LOOKING AHEAD TODAY-

CITY LEADERS WILL MEET TO TALK ABOUT THE ISSUE.

THE RULING WOULD GIVE UNMARRIED COUPLES WHO LIVE TOGETHER CERTAIN RGHTS LIKE THE ABILITY TO MAKE MEDICAL DECISIONS IF THEIR LOVED ONE IS IN THE HOSPITAL.

RIGHT NOW -- PUNTA GORDA IS THE ONLY CITY IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA TO RECOGNIZE DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIPS.

COUNT ON ABC-7 TO BE AT THAT MEETING. Return to index of stories...


TS 5) LEE TRAN FEE INCREASE-VOTOPS-WIPE


ALSO LOOKING AHEAD-

LEE TRAN IS HOLDING MORE MEETINGS ABOUT PROPOSED FARE HIKES.

A NEW PROPOSAL WOULD INCREASE BUS FARE TO A DOLLAR FIFTY PER RIDE.

THAT'S A 25 CENT HIKE.

A PUBLIC MEETING IS SCHEDULED TUESDAY AT 5:30 AT THE ADMINISTRATION BUILDING IN FORT MYERS.

ANOTHER MEETING WILL BE HELD WEDNESDAY.

A PUBLIC HEARING AND VOTE IS SCHEDULED FOR NEXT MONTH. Return to index of stories...


TS 6) LEE COUNTY SCHOOL SUPPLIES-VOTOPS-WIPE


THERE WILL BE SOME GREAT DEALS ON SCHOOL SUPPLIES COMING UP THIS WEEK!

THE STATE'S SALES TAX HOLIDAY STARTS THIS FRIDAY -- AUGUST FIRST.

CLOTHING AND SHOES 100 DOLLARS OR LESS ARE TAX EXEMPT.

YOU CAN ALSO SAVE THAT SIX PERCENT TAX ON COMPUTERS AND OTHER SCHOOL SUPPLIES.

THE STATE EXPECTS SHOPPERS WILL SAVE AT LEAST 40-MILLION DOLLARS. Return to index of stories...


GOODBYE WEBSITE TEASE-3SH-WEB ANI


COVERAGE PROMISE OF THE BIGGEST STORY OF THE DAY ON WEB

" WHEN EVER YOU NEED A NEWS OR WEATHER UPDATE - WE ARE LOGGED ON AND UPDATING ABC-7.COM "

-WHAT IS COMING UP ON GMA - BIG STORY COVERAGE OF THE MORNING. Return to index of stories...


END TIME


Return to index of stories...